Bellevue State Park in Wilmington, Delaware.
The estate, like many of Delaware’s state parks, belonged to a duPont – William F. duPont, Jr. The groundwork began in 1855 when Hanson Robinson, a wool merchant, built a Gothic Revival style castle on the grounds. William F. duPont Sr. purchased the property in 1893 and added a few buildings; however, the majority of the buildings still present on the site were built after William Jr. inherited the property in 1928. The property sat largely unused after his death in 1965 until purchased by the State of Delaware in 1976. Bellevue State Park was opened a year later in 1977. The building pictured here is in the worst disrepair – most of the buildings have been restored or renovated and are in use year-round.